Tuesday, December 16, 2008

April's Christmas Countdown: #1 A Christmas Story

Sorry I took so long to post this, guys. It's finals week, and even though I haven't been all that busy, I'm still using it as my excuse because it's the only excuse I have.

# 1 A Christmas StoryMy family and I have watched this movie every year for as long as I can remember, and we can quote it like nobody's business. I love this movie because I remember being a kid and knowing exactly what I wanted and being completely focused on getting it because if I could only get that one thing then the heavens would part, God would descend and peace would prevail on Earth. A Christmas Story follows Ralphie Parker in his pursuit of the ultimate Christmas gift: an Official Red Ryder carbine-action two-hundred-shot range model air rifle (aka a BB gun).This movie is childhood to me: humor, sarcasm, angst, concern, bullies, friends, fear, families, embarrassment, all mixed in with the abounding excitement and joy that is CHRISTMAS.Also, whiny little brother + pink bunny suit + leg lamp = awesome.

No comments: